Sunday 7 May 2017

Martin's 50th Birthday card.

Morning Dr Digi patients.
I have been wanting to colour this image up for ages but if I'm honest I was a little daunted by it. But it was great to play with and use all the primary bright colours! The image is called Biffo and he also comes in a coloured version.
I made this card for my Brother in laws 50th Birthday. We bought him a metal detector!! What do you get for the person who has literally everything... He was really pleased with and we may get a share in the fortune he discovers!!

I printed the image quite big and let BIFFO take center stage! I used a My Favourite things dies called Scalloped stitched edge boarder 2 (Catchy hey??) on the image panel and also on some Grey American Crafts card. I used 3d foam to raise the panel and placed enamel dots from Doodlebug in various spots around the card. The Happy Birthday is a clear sticker from Kaiser craft and the 50th are Doodlebug letter stickers and they are both so useful.

I used these promarkers and flexmarkers to colour the image -
Skin - Usual
Hair, Nose and Shoes -Poppy, Ruby & Burgundy

Suit - Cool Greys 1-5
Shirt - Celestial Blue, True Blue, Egyptian Blue & Indigo Blue. Little powder blue for shading white areas.
Balloon - Lemon, Canary & Summer Sun
Balloon Dog - Meadow Green, Grass & Emerald.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges -

I'm pleased with how Biffo had turned out and he is perfect for any birthday card!!
Liz (:(|)x

1 comment: