Sunday 6 November 2016

Santa Selfie

Morning - I have been busy making Christmas cards and today I am showing you one made with Santa Selfie.
One of the things I love most about Dr Digi image is that they are great for the Men in our lives. So often its hard to find images for the boys that are not too cute or stereotypical "Masculine"  like cars and sports. Dr Digi allows me to make humorous cards and at the mo I am loving the wood effect backgrounds and elements - which go perfectly with the Dr Digi guys.

The papers are from Simple Stories Snow days and I have die cut snowflakes from Vellum using Lawn Fawn dies. I have also added some wooden embellishments that are from Do Crafts (I think?)
I've included the next picture to show the shimmer and snowy effect I have tried to add using Sakura Glaze and Souffle pens along with Stickles and using Powder Blue Promarker to add shading. 


I have used these promarkers and flexmarkers to colour Santa -
Skin - Antique white, blush, soft peach, coral, Spice & Cocktail pink cheeks
Pants - Red, Poppy, Ruby & Cardinal red.
Shirt - Linen with gold buttons
Braces, Boots, Mobile & Hat - Warm Grey 1,2 4 & 5
Scarf - Lime Zest, Lime green & Pear green, Sky blue, arctic blue & indigo blue.
Stick arm - Sandstone, Burnt Umber & Cocoa
Snowman - Powder blue.

I would like to enter this card into these challenges -
Christmas cards all year - Santa
Gem of a challenge - Snowflake
Crafty Catz - Snowflakes.
Creative fingers - ATG
Unicorn challenge - Snowflakes

Thanks for popping in,
Liz (:(|)x

6 comments:

  1. Love this the image is great x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fun guy card but with sparkle for Christmas, great job! I love the idea and look of this card. Thanks for sharing with Unicorn Challenges. Barbara DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super male card, thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Crafty Catz this week!
    Hugs Donna (DT)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card! Fun image and great coloring :)
    Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Fingers! Hope you will join us again! ♥ Tindaloo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for CCAYR November challenge, Hazel, DT – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for November - I'd love to see it there too x

    ReplyDelete