Wednesday 5 October 2016

Los Mariachis

Morning - today is a new challenge at The Paper Shelter and the theme is Music and dance. I have been waiting for a reason to colour up this image called Los Mariachis  (Not that I need one!) so I did this for my Husbands Birthday (Still seems weird saying that!!) as he had always wanted a Mariachi band to play live for him since we went to Mexico for a holiday. 

It also gave me the chance to use my new stamps from My Favourite things - called Sweet Succulents.The greeting is also from the stamp collection. I coloured  the Cactus using pink, green & gold Wink of Stella pens that I used more like watercolours and it worked really well as they really sparkle. The stripe of paper is from Crate Paper - Journey collection. I also used a little gold pen to add some details.

I used these promakers and flexmarkers to colour the image-
Skin - Antique white, blush, soft peach, coral & Spice.
Hats - Chestnut & Raw Sienna
Suits - Emerald & Lush green.
Bow ties - Poppy, Ruby & Burgundy
Hair & Shoes - Warm greys
Instruments - Sandstone & Cinnamon.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges -
Crafty Sentiments - ATG 
Digi Chooseday - ATG 
Craft your passion - ATG
613 Avenue - Green & Gold
A bit more time to craft - ATG
Crafting circle - ATG


We would love to see all your creations for the new challenge at The Paper Shelter. The new theme is Music and Dance.  And just look at what you could win...!

Thanks for stopping by - say hello before you leave!
Liz (:(|)x

1 comment: