Sunday 30 October 2016

Don't lose your Head!

As it is very nearly Halloween I have used a Dr Digi image called Headless.  
I knew I wanted to colour this image but wasn't sure what to create to go with him as we don't really do Halloween - but then whilst hunting through my stash for inspiration I found this ribbon / twine - not really sure what to call it really! But it reminded me of whispy cobwebs and spooky haunted houses. 
I have cut some Simple Stories Frankie and Friends paper and matted it on black and dark red base card. I actually went about this card a bit wonky as I found the twine and stuck this all over the base card before I had decided to add the washi tape (From Hobbycraft) and the peel off (From my stash!) So I had to do some jigging around and that whispy stuff got everywhere!!

I added the doodlebug letters using all different fonts which is a great way to use up all the spares! I also used a little gold pen to add the details of buttons and buckles.

I used these promarkers / flexmarkers to colour the image -
Skin - Antique white, Blush, Soft Peach, Coral & Spice.
Pants - Marsh Green & Pesto
Jacket - Poppy, Ruby, Cardinal Red, Crimson & Burgundy.
Collar - Linen & Sandstone
Shoes & hair - Warm Grey 1-5 

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges -



Hope you have a spooky weekend!

Liz (:(|)x

3 comments:

  1. Stunning card its a fab card and image I design for Crafty Ribbons and they call this eyelash trim !! its perfet for your design Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete