Sunday 10 July 2016

Life is better in Flip Flops.

Morning - Today's Dr Digi post is featuring Surfin Santa but I have decided a Santa is for life and not just for Christmas (By the way 169 sleeps until the big day...) I am still waiting for Summer to arrive nevermind Christmas and remain hopeful that a Beach will be on the agenda at some point and not just coloured in my imagination!


I cut all the flags from Echo Park I Love Summer collection and mounted the Flip flop sticker onto Black card and mounted them on 3D before I cut the edge of the card around them. 
I used a My Favourite things wonky stitched rectangle die to cut around my image and before I glued this in place I used letters to stamp my greeting.  

I used these promarkers and flexmarkers to colour the surfing dude - 
Shorts - Oasis, Frosted Jade & Island Lagoon
Flip Flops - True Blue & Sky Blue
Sand - Vanilla, pinapple crush, Mustard and Sleigh bells. 
Skin - Antique white, blush, soft peach, coral & Spice. 
Hair - Ice Grey 2 & 4. 
Surf board - Lemon & Canary with Grey shadow. 
Edged in Powder blue.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges -
Paper creators - Just for men.
Julia Spiri - Beach / sea
Daring Cardmakers - Summer Party
Kitty Bee - Summer Fun
Crafting with Dragonflies - Summer Fun

Have a great day,
Liz (:(|)x

9 comments:

  1. Hi Liz, this is a fab card. Your colouring is really gorgeous - superb shading - and i love your card design - wish we had flip flop weather though to be honest! I was hard pushed not to put the heating on here today!
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! It has been freezing and so much rain!! My Garden looks like a Tropical Greenforest - its gone wild!! x

      Delete
  2. Great fun! Thank you for entering at Julia Spiri and good luck hun! Jackie DT member

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous fun summer creations here and so colourful. Thanks for sharing at Crafting with Dragonflies. Ina GD

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Santa is so cool! Love your coloring.
    Thanks for joining our challenge at Julia Spiri. Good luck!
    Kitty
    New Release DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! The sentiment is great and your Santa image is superfunny. A beach party is a great way to celebrate summer. Thanks for sharing your card with the Daring Cardmakers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card! Love it! Thanks for playing at Julia Spiri.
    DT Lynda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, love that image and have to agree with the sentiment.
    Thank you for joining us at Paper Creator's Crafts.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hoho! Love this big man - wearing his thongs! Thanks for sharing this beauty with us at Crafting with Dragonflies!

    ReplyDelete