Wednesday 26 March 2014

Design Team call entries.

I entered some cards into a Design Team submission call for Some Odd Girl! I kind of slipped onto the send button! I didn't get picked and doubt I was even a consideration as some of the creations posted on the facebook page and blog are amazing... but got to be in it to win it - right?! I have lost nothing by trying as I am making cards with the Some Odd Girl images all the time anyway.
The cards below are two that  I submitted... What do you think? 

This one is a commission for a joint 30th birthday. They were having a Great Gatsby Themed party so I had lovely time researching on Pinterest. (Have you visited my Pinterest board?? I'm addicted to the whole site!)
I kept the colours to black, gold and pearls with an Art Deco feel. Once again the Die-namincs city scape was used. I used warm greys for the suit and natural colours like Satin and cappuccino to give Flapper Mae's dress a bit of shading. I then covered it entirely with glitter so it sparkles. I added some pearls for her necklace and headband and added a touch of soft green to the feather and eyes. Some swirly pearls and art deco corners finished the card. 
I'm going to enter this into the monthly challenge on SOG blog which is all about the gold. I'm getting a bit gung-ho now with entering contests!


This was the second entry using SOG Coy Kaylee. Happy was cut with a Die-namics die and Simple stories paper. I love these colours. 


1 comment:

  1. Adorable cards!

    Thanks for joining us at SOG!

    Jenn
    DT

    ReplyDelete